Marty completed a thirty year career with the St. Louis County Department of Parks and Recreation in 2006. Over the three decades with the department he served as a park ranger and recreation supervisor.
His many accomplishments in the parks and recreation field include:
· Coordinated the nation’s largest series of outdoor related recreation programs entitled Outdoor Adventures. Each year over 400 programs, trips and events were presented in the areas of fishing, camping, hiking, canoeing, rock climbing, caving, kayaking, and other related outdoor topics.
· Began the Adult Easter Egg Hunt concept which has been adopted by departments across the nation.
· Coordinated the St. Louis Blues on the Mississippi concert series held at Jefferson Barracks Park. Each summer for 16 years this nationally acclaimed concert series featured leading blues artist from throughout the nation.
· Was co-recipient of the Conservationist of the Year honors from the Missouri Conservation Federation.
· Named Outstanding Employee of the year three times.
Since his retirement Marty has spent the summers traveling and photographing the wild areas of America. In the winter he is high demand as a featured speaker at sport, travel, fishing and hunting trade shows across the nation. In addition to his photography and travel seminars his Paddling Gourmet outdoor cooking shows are very popular. In 2008 and 2009 he was the winner of the Aluminum Chef Competition for outdoor cooking skills held in Madison, WI.
He has published two books of his photography with two more in the works. He has authored many articles and photo essays that have appeared in publications nationwide.
He offers programs through numerous parks and recreation departments in the metro St. Louis Area on photography, fishing, camping, travel and outdoor cooking.
As an accomplished nature photographer he has developed a small business selling his photo art at various shows and fairs as well as offering a complete office décor service.